Third public intoxication charge in 10 years

Tuesday, Oct 25, 2016 by Brian Laviage

Hi Mr. Laviage, I have a question I’m hoping you can help me out with. I was arrested for public intoxication one year in college while floating the Guadalupe river. I was put on deferred adjudication for this charge in 2006. Then, a few years later in 2010, same thing, different place - this time in Austin outside of a restaurant. Now I’m thinking about getting out of my typical office job and applying for a job as a police officer. But, I just got another public intoxication charge about a month ago in Houston and am worried that they won’t accept me due to these infractions.

Is there anything I can do to get these public intoxication charges cleared from my record? How fast can this be done? And can all three be done at the same time to save money?


Jesse in Houston, TX

Hi Jesse. Yes, we can either get those expunged or sealed. If they are all in the same county then yes, we can save you some money and put it on one petition. I can cut you a better deal if a few happen to be in different counties. There we would need one petition for each county. Happy to help, Brian

Get Legal Help

Call now for a FREE consultation. The Law Office of Brian S. Laviage will fight to make sure your and your loved one's rights are competently represented.